Whether you’re an overnight guest or enjoying an extended stay, Rosevine Inn Bed and Breakfast keeps you close to the best East Texas has to offer. Our extensive grounds provide plenty of options and Tyler has additional choices for indoor and outdoor fun you won’t want to miss.
East Texas Outdoor Activities for June
After you finish one of our gourmet breakfasts of omelets, quiches, fresh fruit and more, you’ll want to stretch your legs. These activities are just a short drive away.
Tyler Farmers Markets
This is the time of year for fresh produce, and the best place to find it is at the Farmer’s Market. The Rose City Farmer’s Market is a producer’s only farmer’s market. That means everything sold there was grown by the person selling it.
To sell produce, vendors must live within 75 miles of the market. They’re
required to use organic or natural methods to produce what they sell, so you know what you buy wasn’t exposed to synthetic pesticides, herbicides or fungicides. Vendors grow fruits and vegetables from non-GMO seeds and make animal products from livestock that is humanely raised.
The Farmer’s Market isn’t just a place to buy food, it’s a community gathering. Interact with local artists and musicians and, if you’re there between 8:30 and 9:30, participate in yoga on the patio. Then shop for the following:
- Pasture-raised beef, lamb and pork
- Free-range chicken and turkey and non-GMO eggs
- Goat cheese
- Fresh flowers
- Artisanal breads and pastries
- Local jams, jellies and honey
- East Texas fruit wines
- Handcrafted art and apparel
Visit the Rose City Farmer’s Market any Saturday from 8-12 at 236 South Broadway.
That’s not your only option for top quality local goods. Tyler Farmer’s Market is in the Broadway Square Mall parking lot and is open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 7am to 2pm through September 1. The East Texas State Fair Farmer’s Market is at the fairgrounds and offers produce Tuesday and Saturday from 7am to 1pm.
Canton Trade Days
Canton Trade Days is in June next time! It is June28,29,30 and 31. Put it on your calendar now and dress cool!!
Summer weekend nights, locals go to Fresh. Fresh by Brookshires is an upscale grocery store that makes grocery shopping feel like an indulgence, but you don’t even have to go inside to experience the community gathering atmosphere it’s famous for
Friday and Saturday evenings during summer they offer live music on the patio. Grab a bite from the grill or sip something cool while you relax, people watch and listen to the free entertainment.
Couples just starting their night on the town mingle with families sunburned from a day at the lake. You’ll see as many people in heels as in flip flops, but everyone on the patio is laid back and content. See the entertainment schedule during your visit on their calendar.
Tyler State Park Classes
Tyler State Park is a great place to visit throughout the year, and they offer
classes all summer. Here are a few in the weeks ahead:
- Lakeshore Nature Hike on June 14 — This 2.1 mile hike explores changing ecosystems in the pine forests and hardwood bottomlands.
- Kids’ Wilderness Survival on June 14 – Park staff teach kids how to keep from getting lost in the woods and how to stay safe if it happens.
- The Big Clock: Daytime Sky on June 23 – Meet from 2pm to 4pm in the afternoon for daytime astronomy.
- Night Sky: The Moon, Planets and Constellations on June 23 – Watch the sun set, then learn the difference between waxing gibbous and waning crescent. Learn to identify the constellations and planets visible in the East Texas summer sky.
For more on events at Tyler State Park, see their calendar.
Escape The Heat
It’s just going to get hotter in the weeks ahead. Here are a few suggestions for beating the heat.
Tyler Rock Gym
Whether you’re an avid rock climber or you don’t know bouldering from belaying, Tyler Rock Gym provides unique (and more importantly air conditioned) entertainment with indoor rock climbing. The facility has more than 10,000 square feet with walls that offer 32 vertical feet of climbing
opportunities. Climb 3,500 square feet of boulders and the floor beneath each climbing area has six thick inches of padding. They offer classes for different interests and skill levels throughout the month of June.
Bring your own equipment if you like, but everything is available to rent on site. They’re open daily, but their summer camps for 2018 start June 18, June 25 and July 2.
The Science Center at TJC
The Center for Earth and Space Science Education at Tyler Junior College has a projection dome that makes visitors feel like they’re actually free-floating in space or hurtling along roller coaster tracks. The 40’ Spitz Nano-domed theater shows an ever-changing collection of science-themed shows.
Now through July 31 they’re showing the following:
- Extreme Weather – Learn how severe weather shapes the planet and why it might be intensifying.
- National Parks Adventure – If you can’t get to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon this summer, see towering cliffs and plunging canyons in this film narrated by Robert Redford.
Space Next – Soar through space as you learn how past scientists contributed to exploration and what might be in humanity’s future.
Each movie is 20 to 25 minutes long. The Center also has a museum with earth and space exhibits and real moon rocks.
Discovery Science Place
If you’re visiting Tyler with children, don’t miss the Discovery Science Place. This month they offer camps like Vex Robotics. Camps go from 10am to 40pm. Campers are divided by age group, so your child can learn about robotics with kids their own age.
Later in June Discovery Science Place offers a Mad Science camp, and in early July students explore Minecraft. Find out more about Discovery Science place and the summer camps they offer on their website.
East Texas Summer Romance
Many visitors stay at Rosevine Inn Bed and Breakfast because of its romantic atmosphere. If you’re here to get away with the person you love, try these options for Tyler romance.
- Love Locks Stroll – Parisian lovers attached locks to the famous Pont des Artes bridge as a symbol of their lasting love…until officials removed the locks and made it nearly impossible to attach more. In Tyler, there’s still a bridge where lovers leave locks as symbols. Walk the Rose Rudman trail with your SO to find the romance of Paris on the love locked bridge in East Texas.
- Kiepersol Tour and Dinner – Tour this premier East Texas winery to see how they make award-winning wines and spirits, then dine at their exceptional restaurant. Enjoy the Vintner’s Dinner on June 20 or the Taste of Alaska Vintner’s Dinner July 25. Find other upcoming events on their calendar.
- Liberty Hall and Ricks – Dinner and a movie gets an upgrade when you visit this downtown theater for a show. Experience the Grease Rockin’ Rydell Sing Along June 15, Card 53 Comedy on June 23 or Country Music Hall of Famer Connie Smith on June 27. More events are available on their website. After, enjoy casual fine dining and live music at Rick’s. The weekend of June 15 Dallas party band Time machine is playing. Later in June experience DFW’s Ashmore or the Austin party band Vegas Stars. Find out what’s available by date on their calendar.
Starting on June 28 The 2018 Texas Shakespeare Festival! Yes Shakespeare in East Texas! It foes all the way through July. It is in Kilgore Texas, only a short 30 minute drive from Rosevine Inn.
Rosevine Inn Bed and Breakfast is your starting point for the best East Texas has to offer. Book your stay online today.